Name:
Location: Mpls, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"MSN" Blues

Now, from what I can tell, Bill Gates is a bright, decent guy, that said: how in the world has he let his once pioneering MSN become the laughingstock of American corporations?

To wit...

February '04, as an MSN customer I am deluged by requests from them to upgrade to their latest, and supposed greatest, new product: MSN 9.

Oh, they promised increased performance & tighter security; but what did I get?

Basically, they destroyed my computer. Thanks Bill.

As soon as I downloaded MSN 9, my computer was overwhelmed with computer viruses that would turn my computer off as soon as I turned it on.

I had to take it back to Best Buy and have them purge all the problems Mr. Gates had inflicted on my computer, cost: $90, thanks again Bill.

I only use my computer for 2 things, I play games and use email.

Now, I have invested probably $500. in Microsoft games, including all three Combat Flight Sims & all three Age of Empires, just to name a few.

However, ever since I "upgraded" to the scourge that is MSN 9, non of my MSN games will play anymore.

Hmmmm.

All my other games work, only my MSN games do not. Hmmm.

Again, I'm not making this stuff up; but when I emailed MSN, to alert them to the fact that my MSN games don't work anymore since I downloaded MSN 9, their response was (again, these are MSN games, and I'm not making this up) "see the manufacturer."

That is a direct quote.

Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BILL, YOU ARE THE MANUFACTURER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the world has a once forward thinking progressive company devolved into a cesspool that would make Dilbert proud?

Thanks once again, Bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home